Wednesday, April 11, 2012

I returned about three days ago from my 6th trip to Cambodia. When I think how far we've come, it's astounding. The girls in The Daughters Project are changed people. They have so much joy and confidence now. Just a few months ago some of them would barely look Chris and myself in the eyes. Last week, while riding in the van together, they schemed and surprised Chris with a game of 'squish the guy in the middle seat', laughing hysterically each time he pretended to be in agony. It brought us so much joy to see them be so comfortable and so full of happiness!
We accomplished so much at the workshop this trip. We set up divisions for working on different projects in teams of three working together. We made plans for the future- some of the girls will be graduating soon. Speaking of plans for the future, Chanary asked me, "What are your plans for my future?" I said, " Well, what would you like to do?" She responded, " I want to work for you and make dresses." I said, "Ok! Then that's my plan for your future." :) It was special because now she is allowed to plan for her future. She is allowed to dream and hope.
"I'll show up and take care of you as I promised and bring you back home. I know what I'm doing. I have it all planned out-plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for." Jeremiah 29:11 The Message

1 comment: